Welcome back to our series on dealing with the emotional impacts of divorce on children. Thus far, we have looked at:
- Dealing With Kids’ Emotions In Divorce (An Introduction)
- Anger and the Child of Divorce
- Anxiety and the Child of Divorce
- Chaos and the Child of Divorce
- Confusion and the Child of Divorce
- Denial and the Child of Divorce
- Depression and the Child of Divorce
This week, we will look at the issue of embarrassment in children of divorce. Children whose parents’ divorce are oftentimes embarrassed by the changes in their family. At a time when they need most to talk about what they are feeling, they are instead driven inward for fear of being further embarrassed.
At Divorce Ministry 4 Kids, we have put together the following one page infographic on helping children of divorce deal with embarrassment related to the divorce of their parents (click on the picture below for a full sized pdf version of the pamphlet). Please feel free to share this pamphlet with parents and others who work with children of divorce.